I don’t know about you, but at the end of the day, I am beat! It takes all I have to even form a sentence some times, so I can only imagine how our kids must feel at the end of their busy school days. I am sure you have already experienced, the “How was school today?” “Fine.” “What did you do at school today?” “Played.” Okay…so where do you go from here? It can be like pulling teeth sometimes to get your child to tell you about their day so why not make it interesting and fun while sitting at the dinner table tonight. Here are some great conversation starters, thanks to one of my favorite magazine, Real Simple. Love! So here you go!
- If you had the ability to transform into an animal, which animal would you choose?
- If parents could switch places with kids for a day or kids could switch places with parents, what would you do?
- Name five places you want to go in 10 years.
- What is the one thing you wish you had discovered? This one might be for older kids or even the adults.
- Name five things you would take to a desert island.
*Things to Remember: Sometimes you have to think outside the box to get the conversation started. It is worth the effort!