There are so many things that we can do on a regular basis to give our children our time and also throw in some learning time too.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Take a walk together
- Fly a kite together
- Host a tea party
- Play dress-up or superheros
- Cuddle on the couch while reading a favorite book
- Color or paint a picture together
- Play a board game
- Play hide and go seek
- Bake together. It doesn't have to be anything complicated. It can be slice and bake cookies!
- Have a dance party in the kitchen before dinner
- Have breakfast together
- Make dinner together
- Go to the park or play a fun game in your own back yard
- Build a fort with pillows and blankets
We hope you will take a little time out of this craziness time of year of shopping for gifts, holiday parties and traveling and just hang out and enjoy your kids/family...the good ole fashion way. Our kids will not remember all the toys they had, but they will definitely remember the special times they got to spend with their parents. My daughter still talks about the time we played out in the snow at night and this was over a year ago! So special!