Monday, October 24, 2011

What's your child's "love language"?

Gary Chapman has written many books on finding your "love language," both for adults and for children. In short, a person's love language is way they feel loved.  The following summary was provided by www.positiveparentingskills.com:


If he asks, “Can I help you mom?” his love language is service.
If he asks, “Did I do a good job mom?” his love language is words of affirmation.
If he asks, “Do you like the picture I colored for you mom?” his love language is gifts.
If he asks, “Can I snuggle with you mom?” his love language is touch.
If he asks, “Can I go with you mom?” his love language is time.

By paying attention to your child's questions you can gain some great insight into what is most meaningful from his or her perspective, giving you ideas for how best to communicate love to your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!